Thursday, November 8, 2012

Who am I?

Deep Map Photo





Family Traditon Photo






Song From My Life


Who am I?
   
   
My name is Troy McDonald and I broke my femur.  From the moment I was brought into this world it became better.  I am a dedicated, determined, poised, caring, and a fun person.  I am a person that loves playing sports, and hanging out with friends and family.  One other thing is that I am a person that blieves in my faith that god sacrificed his life for us to be here today.
                The main thing that describes me is the sports I play.  I play football, basketball, and golf.  As of right now my career was ended due do me breaking my leg in the quarterfinals game verse Beatrice.  My friend Jacob Peters was the quarterback of our class.  He was the most determined person that I will ever meet in my life.  After he passed away it broke me, because of who he was and that his dreams are now gone.  Before he passed away coach Peterson came up to me and asked if I could throw a football, because my brother use to be a quarterback, and he won the state title.  My response was to him was that I could throw.   This all happened during the baskeball season our junior year, so it would be pretty hard for me to step in Jacobs shoes and play the quarterback position.  Since the day that I was asked to step in was the day that changed my life.  I became determined and dedicated like him so that I would not let our senior class down.  Never before have I worked this hard to achieve something, but it was for Jacob and I wasn’t going to let him down.  During the summer I was working out with the coaches son Troy Huebert who was a former quarterback for Aurora as well as Hastings College.  Troy knew his stuff so he had me do many drills over and over again.  I’m a person that doesn’t really like to do footwork drill exspecially during the summer when it’s really hot.  Again I wasn’t about to dissapoint.  As we approached our first game against McCook I became nervouse.  Gary Peters the father of Jacob Peters was also the person that has done his best to teach me everthing Jacob knew.  Anway before that game and earlier in the week he told me to not think to much and just put everthing together that you learned.  Nerves shot threw me when I steped onto the field for the first time being a starter at anything let alone playing one of the most important positions.  When ran our first play which was a run just to get things going.  A few plays later he called out a fourty yard pass play which ended up being a touchdown.  When I let go of that ball my hands were all sweaty and you could definetely tell that I was a little nervouse because it was wobbly.  After everything set in, we became confident and ended up winning that game.  As of right now we have nine wins and two losses.  It hurts me to know that I will never be able to play football again in my life but I can go back and say I worked my butt off and did everything I could to get us where we are now. 
                Sports is most of my life but there are other important things to such as friends and family.  I am a peson that loves to get along with people.  To me making friends is really important because most of them will be your long time frineds.  You want to have long time friends so when you meet them in the future you can talk about old memories that were both good and bad.  On the other hand my family is important to me mostly because we are related.  I love my mom and dad because they give me thing everyday and also because they have put a roof over my head. 
                I am a famer boy that loves to help out his dad work on the farm.  I try to go out and help him while trying to learn everything I can, because someday I hope that I will be able to take over.  Also my father and I can get some important bonding time in which always helps out.  When I take over the farm I hope I can have a wife that will love me for who I am and be able to help out on the farm beside me.  Wants that day comes I consider most of my life complete.

2 comments:

  1. Troy,

    I am so glad your wrote this posting, because I certainly didn't know this story about you working so hard to become the quarterback. You certainly earned the position and I'm 100% sure that Jacob (and a lot of other people) are so proud of you! That's amazing. I'm so sorry about the broken femur and the end of your football career, but remember, you will always have something to be really proud of!!

    Dr. English

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it is cool that you enjoy helping your dad so much on the farm. :)

    Zach Goltz

    ReplyDelete